Rules and Regulation
Cantonment Board, Fatehgarh functions within the broad parameters of the Cantonment Act and is bound to follow the rules, regulations framed there under by the Central Government.
The Central Government retains the power to override, review any decision of the Board and issue directions to it to ensure compliance with the aims and objectives of the Cantonment Act. If in the opinion of the Central Government, the Board is not competent or persistently found wanting in performance of the duties under Cantonment Act or exceeds/abuses its powers, it may supersede the Board for such period as deemed fit.
- Cantonment Act 2006.
- The Cantonments (execution of warrants for the attachment and sale of immovable property) Rules 1986.
- Cantonments (forms and manner of service of notices) Rules 1986.
- Cantonment Account Code 1924.
- Cantonment Fund Servants Rules 1937.
- Cantonment Property Rules 1925.
- Transfer of property in cantonments (form of notice and manner of giving such notice) Rules 1985.
- Cantonment Land Administration Rules 1937.
- Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupation) Act 1971.
- Cantonment Electoral Rules 2006.
- Cantonments (regulation of procedure of committees of arbitration) Rules 1985.
- Such other executive orders/instructions issued by the central government from time to time.
- Bye-laws of Cantonment Board under the provision of Cantt. Act.
All the decisions are taken in the meetings of the Board either unanimously or through a majority vote. Meetings are normally presided over by the President and in his absence by the Vice President. Financial matters are first scrutinized by the finance and general purpose committee and thereafter put up to the Board for approval along with its recommendations. Similarly matters related to civil area and rest of the area are first examined by the civil area committee before referring them to the Board for decision. All the meetings of the Board and its committees are open to the public unless directed otherwise by the presiding officer.