The site plan to be accompanied alongwith the notice and building plan (Sec. 233) must contain the following -
- The situation of the proposed building, relative to the streets or lanes adjoining it and to the adjoining houses or other properties together with the number of the houses.
- The breadth (width) of all adjoining streets or lanes. In case the breadth is not uniform, the narrowest width should also be shown.
- Guttters and down spounts.
- The position of and full details regarding all wells, drains, latriens and other sanitary convenience.
- The internal diameter and the distance from the nearest privy in case sanction is required in respect of a well.
Roofs & Storeys
- The outer covering of all roofs must be made of tiles, iron sheets or other non-inflamable materials.
- No sheds or lean to roofs are permissible to abut on any street beyond the street drain. In case there is no drain the over hanging shall not be more than 1’6″.
- The height of each wall measured from floor to the corner where ceiling roof meets the wall shall not be less than what is given below – Flat roof building Tile roof building First storey 10 feet Eves from G.L. 9 ft Subsequent storeys 10 feet
- The number of storeys shall not in any case exceed three.
Every room intended for human habitation must have the following:
- A clear superficial area of not less than 80 sft. excluding the staircase (if any) and minimum width of 8 feet.
- Ventilators of a total area of not less than 2% of the floor area opening directly into the external air or into a open verandah.
- Doors and windows of total area not less than 15% of the floor area.
All new work should be indicated in the plan by a distinctive colour and a key to the colours used should be given on the plans.
In any street the width of which is less than 50 feet, the extension of the buildings beyond the general line of existing house fronts whether there are platforms or not are not permitted and in other streets shall be permitted sparingly and only when the Cantt Board is satisfied that it will not interfere with the use of the street or free circulation of air.